Primary School Sport Funding
At Dauntsey Academy Primary School we recognise the contribution of PE and sport to the health and well-being of the pupils. We believe that an innovative, varied PE curriculum and extra-curricular opportunities have a positive influence on the concentration, attitude and academic achievement of all our children.
Our Primary School Sport’s Funding will enable us to continue and extend our provision through employing additional sports professionals, entering into more competitive sports competitions and training our staff to deliver in-house quality PE sessions.
Information about the Government initiative for funding sport in primary schools can be found at: http://www.education.gov.uk
What is the Sports Premium?
The Education Funding Agency is providing additional funding to each school to improve provision of physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools. This funding - provided jointly by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport - will be allocated to primary schools. This funding is ring-fenced and therefore can only be spent on provision of PE and sport in schools.
Schools must spend the additional funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but they will have the freedom to choose how they do this. Possible uses for the funding might include:
- Hiring specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work with primary teachers to improve their teaching of PE
- Supporting and engaging the least active children through our new Aiming High club
- Paying for professional development opportunities for teachers in PE and sport
- Providing cover to release primary teachers for professional development in PE and sport
- Providing places for pupils on after school sports clubs and holiday clubs.
Each school will receive basic funding as a result of having 17+ pupils. There is an additional £10 per pupil calculated at the January Census. Funding is paid in two instalments.
Dauntsey Academy Primary School will receive £17,730 for the year 2022-2023.
What have we planned to do with our Sport’s Premium?
Our action and expenditure plans are available to read here >>