At Dauntsey Academy Primary School, our pupils are SCIENTISTS! Pupils will have a broad and balanced Science Curriculum which enables them to confidently explore and discover what is around them. They will have a deeper understanding of the world we live in and the legacies of those who have come before. We create stimulating and challenging experiences which helps every child to secure and extend their scientific knowledge and vocabulary, as well as promoting a love and thirst for learning.
At Dauntsey Academy Primary School, in conjunction with the aims of the National Curriculum, our Science teaching offers opportunities for pupils to:
- Develop scientific knowledge and conceptual understanding through the specific disciplines of Biology, Chemistry and Physics
- Develop understanding of the nature, processes and methods of Science through different types of science enquiries that help them to answer scientific questions about the world around them;
- Be equipped with the scientific knowledge required to understand the uses and implications of Science, today and for the future.
- Develop the essential scientific enquiry skills to deepen their scientific knowledge.
- Use a range of methods to communicate their scientific information and present it in a systematic, scientific manner, including I.C.T., diagrams, graphs and charts.
- Develop a respect for the materials and equipment they handle with regard to their own, and other children’s safety.
- Develop an enthusiasm and enjoyment of scientific learning and discovery.