Oak Class (Year 6)
Oak Class Reminders
- PE with the Sports Coach from Dauntsey's School will be on a Monday afternoon.
- Oak Class will have PE on a Thursday afternoon with Mrs Carpenter. Please can the children wear their correct PE kits to school on Mondays and Thursdays and remember a PE hoody and tracksuit trousers for colder weather days.
- Forest School clothes need to be brought to school on Fridays (Terms 1, 3 and 5).
- Home Learning is set on a Friday to be returned by the following Wednesday. This will include reading, mathematics and a grammar, punctuation or spelling task unless otherwise stated.
- Children should be reading five times a week at home to support their reading progression. This will also boost their self esteem and love of reading. We will be checking off their reading records on a Monday morning, but they need to bring their reading books and home academy books into school every day.
- Spelling tests will be on a Friday morning. New spellings will then be given out for the following week's spelling test.
Oak Class Learning Journey - Term 1We will start this year with a History topic - 'The Tudors' and will be asking the question: 'Who were the Tudors and what was their impact on today's society?'.
This topic will also include our expansion into becoming a global power. We will investigate British explorer Sir Walter Raleigh and his impact on how we live today. We will also be investigating Peru in our Geography unit later this term.
Oak Class Learning Journey - Term 2
Oak Class Learning Journey - Term 3
Oak Class Learning Journey - Term 4
Oak Class Learning Journey - Term 5
Oak Class Learning Journey - Term 6