ENCOMPASS is a partnership between the Police and designated school staff known as Key Adults.
The Police will inform the Key Adults within school about any domestic abuse incident where the child or young person has been affected.
Role of the Police
The Police will email school within 1 working day of every incident where a child has been affected by domestic abuse and will include:
- Police reference
- Name of child/children affected
- Brief details of what's occurred
- Name of adults affected
- Outcome if known
- Hot line to Police referrer
The Key Adult (KA)
- The Key Adult at DAPS is Mrs P Winbolt, Headteacher and Designated Safeguarding Lead.
- The KA is the receiver of confidential, sensitive and dynamic information at the school.
- The KA must have up to date Child Protection Training.
- The KA will raise awareness amongst staff of the impact of domestic abuse on children.
- The KA will promote overt and silent support, which may be offered to the child and to the adult victim.
- The KA will treat information received as confidential child protection information and store accordingly.